Parents Senior Citizens Veterans Bulletin Vlog Publications Public VP Library DeaFestival Contact Us Sitemap
Search KCDHH:
Go to our Instagram pageFind us on Facebook

How to File a Complaint

KCDHH does not handle complaints about sign language interpreters. Below are the organizations that handle those complaints.

File a complaint to Kentucky Board of Interpreters (KBI):

  • You will need to follow the grievance procedure under the Kentucky Board of Interpreters as followed under 201 KAR 39:100. Below is the link that outlines the procedure the board must follow when receiving a complaint.

201 KAR 39:100. Complaint procedure

  • Below is the link to the form you must fill out in order to file a complaint, you also have an option to videotape yourself explaining the complaint.


  • Then mail the form to:

    Kentucky Board of Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
    PO Box 1360
    Frankfort, Kentucky 40602

To follow up on your complaint contact Karen Lockett:

File a complaint to Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID):